Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Re: YM Budget/Teton High Adventure 2017

Sounds great John, I like the idea of keeping the card/receipts in the clerks office. For no other reason than it protects the people using it. There will be no doubts about how it is used.

Thanks for setting that up,
Steve

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016, John Dye <dyejo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi everyone!

I thought it best to distribute out how we plan to utilize the remainder of the YM budget for 2016. I spoke to Chad, Steve Backus, Steve Walker, and Matt Lingwall about a few things last evening, and I think everyone is on the same page. If anyone sees any red flags, please alert me asap as I am trying to have receipts to Chad by tomorrow at the latest to close out 2016.

Attached is a receipt for a High Adventure Camp in WY. The dates are placeholder dates, and can be changed if needed. This assumes 12 total people. The total is $2400 is is figured as follows:

Base fee for food and lodging (for 12): $130 per person ($1560 total)
Whitewater Rafting (for 12): $55 per person (660 total)
Scenic Road Biking through Teton National Park (for 12): $15 per person (180 total)

Note that the activities in bold above can be registered for after March 1 (see https://www.saltlakescouts.org/teton for more information). Right now, I used these just to justify the budget funds but the young men and others can choose to do something difference which may impact the amount of $$ required.

Also, if we choose to not go during 2017, the Council CANNOT shift funds to 2018. Rather, we have to alert them no later than May 15, and they will refund $2300 of the $2400 to us.

I also plan to pick up a $500 Sportman's Warehouse gift card today for Matt Lingwall/Brett Holman to use as they see necessary. I propose we have a file in the clerk's office where we keep that card and any associated receipts so that we can ensure everyone feels good about its use, etc. Thoughts there?

In summary:
We have around $3000 in the YM budget. $2400 will go toward the Teton camp, and $500 toward a SW gift card ($2900 total).

Finally, does anyone have any receipts to turn in still? I have about $100 from our PIE pizza party earlier this month (and some Sub-4-Santa receipts). PLEASE ALERT ME asap if you still have some receipts to turn in. We need to get them (with associated paperwork required to process reimbursements) to CHAD no later than tomorrow so he can finalize 2016.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all you do! Happy New Year!


John
801-631-4736








----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Valery Kennion <Valery.Kennion@scouting.org>
To: "dyejoutah@gmail.com" <dyejoutah@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:54 AM
Subject: Teton High Adventure 2017

Here is the receipt for your Teton Session 1 2017 reservation
 
Valery Kennion
Camps and Events

BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
Great Salt Lake Council
525 Foothill Blvd  |  Salt Lake City, Utah 84113
385.234.6530 |  801.582.3663 ext. 230  |  F 801.582.7401
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment