Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Some upcoming items

Hi gents!

Hey, just a few things:

1-An Asst. Scoutmaster has been called. Steve is working on the paperwork end of things, and we officially should wait 2 weeks to pass the background check timeframe before we call him over the pulpit. Know that this is imminent, however.

As soon as he is called, we should meet again and discuss how he can assist in the program. I do not anticipate Cam's or Don's responsibilities as outlined a week ago Sunday will change much. I do, however, anticipate this person can help Gary create the weekly programs/activities which will help boys the boys progress toward Eagle.

2-Gary or Matt, please send parents details on the upcoming campout. That is coming up soon. Dates, where to meet, what to wear, any food needed, etc. The sooner they know the better. I know we told the youth on Sunday, but if we communicate directly with the parents we can ensure the message gets where it needs to be.

3-The April Court of Honor is approaching quickly as well.
Note it is on a Wed. night. I approached Easton about making this his Eagle COH, and he preferred to not be officially recognized. He said his uniform no longer fits, and since he is a bit older I think he prefers to not be recognized in a COH setting. Just my opinion, but that is the way I read it. As such, let's not pressure him.

Bryce, Don had a great idea. Can you get with the young men close to Eagle and tell them we'd like them to share with the audience their plans for their Eagle project? That will give them a deadline to think of what they want to do and help them commit and hopefully take next steps.

Sound ok?

4-We need a troop flag.
Steve and Gary, can you two work on this one?

5-Scouting budget
Steve was going to talk to bishop on this, and if green lit, I was going to work with Gary to create one (inside the YM budget). Steve, have your heard anything?


Thanks all!



No comments:

Post a Comment